Sunday, February 14, 2010

So yesterday morning we set out to go to Hoodoo with Kasey's scouts pack. On the way there we realized we were more than half way to Bend, "why don't we call up our friends Jesse and Amy and see if they are busy tonight?" So we ended up staying with them, celebrating their son's 2nd birthday and enjoying some much needed time out. So that's why no update last night. :0)

I did talk to Mom yesterday but I'll wait until later and update yesterday and today...
What I really have on my mind right now, and thought about most of the way home this morning is this:

I realized that I have been a selfish, self-centered person...after the last two weeks I've realized that I haven't done enough to reach out and help others. I haven't taken the extra step to put myself in their shoes or to call someone up out of the blue and ask how they are doing or offer to help. I haven't paid it forward.
So to everyone that I haven't called and offered my time and talents and shoulder to lean on, I'm so sorry.

THANK YOU to every person I've talked to, emailed with, received cards from, for being the person I haven't been. I'm a changed person because of you.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Amie,
    Thank you for writing this daily blog. While you may be writing this as a way to deal with things right now, it is also reaching out to others and allowing us to be a part of your lives. Thank you, Trudy Jones

    ReplyDelete