Monday, February 15, 2010

Day Twelve

Today is the big day - chemo is over and now the waiting is here again. I talked with Mom again today and she is not feeling good now. Hopefully only a couple more days of yuckiness before she starts to feel better again. She had several visitors again today, including Florence - an AML (Acute Myeloid Leukemia) cancer survivor. Mom said it was very helpful and encouraging to talk with her - so THANK YOU FLORENCE. It really helped her to see how great you are doing now.
Mom has received a couple of hats and a prayer shawl, and she is so appreciative of ALL the gifts from everyone.

This has been an emotional day for me. I found out yesterday that one of my friends has breast cancer(got to see her and hug her today) and that several of our other church members may be going through cancer treatments soon too. So much sadness and weight to carry right now. Mom is aware of these too and it weighs heavy on her heart, but she needs to concentrate on making herself better right now.
Its been tough the past few days to continue on with a "normal" day when I all I want to do is go and be with my mom. I've been fighting some sort of chest/nose thing and I have to go to the doctor tomorrow to find out if its a sinus infection or allergies or a cold, I can't go see Mom again until I figure this out...and its been too long since I went up there as it is.

Its hard to talk about any of this cause I start crying again, and its easier not to deal with it than it is to break down every 20 minutes...so I type here and cry and get it out so I can move on to the next task.
Love you all and thanks for being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment