Monday, February 8, 2010

Day Five - Part Two

The girls and I called Mom while on our way to Rachel's game tonight. She sounded good, but a little apprehensive about starting the chemo. They were supposed to be in between 6 and 8 to start the drip. Dad said he talked to her about 6 and they had just given her some nausea meds and a sedative. She had to have an ultrasound on her liver, so they can have a comparison for after the chemo. Said it looks good right now, lets hope it stays that way.
Stopped by and talked to Dad after the game, he seemed in a little better spirits. Said the doctor yesterday was smiling when he came out of her room, she's responding perfectly and she is in good physical condition(minus the leukemia of course) - and Cale said today that the doctors were very optimistic.
Dad and the girls are thinking about where to find hats for her...anyone crochet or knit or whatever it is you do to make a hat? She likes blue, if you were so inclined to make her one. ;-)

Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. Karen,
    I sit here holding back a full on cry, but I have tears as I read your blog and the memories come back. As you know I went through the same exact thing in June of 2007. I'm in remission from AML. I had my own stem cells transplanted in October of 2007 and so far so good! OHSU has a WONDERFUL and Blessed staff of Doctors, RN's and CNA's. Please know how fortunate you are to be in their care!
    I will keep in touch and please let me know if you need anything. If your family needs someone who's "been there" please call me. I will send my phone number to your email.
    Love and prayers, Florence Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen & Amie,
    Karen and I are out of town and just received the email from Pastor Wally telling the details about your condition. Karen has been dealing with something very similar for the last 2 years with her Dad. He has CMML, also a rare form of lukemia. Aime - if you'd like to have some conversations Karen would be more than happy to talk with you.

    For now, we are keeping you all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete