Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 21

Let's see, what happened today...Well, last night I received the nicest gift! 2 tickets to the opening OSU baseball game for Sunday - just for Kasey and I, as a way to make it up to him for not getting to go see Grandma. Thanks Wayne and Debbie!!! I'm very excited about it! I talked to Dad last night and he had the nicest gift himself - someone came over this weekend and mowed his yard and field (found out this morning it was their neighbor, Marv) so THANK YOU! It still amazes me the kindness and generosity of everyone.

Mom developed a fever over night last night, the nurses say 99% of patients develop one, so its not necessarily something to worry about, but it is an automatic trip to the xray room to peek at her lungs. As far as I know, everything came back normal. She is having a really hard time keeping down the oral meds so I think she may have to go back on IV drip for awhile until they get the fever under control.
As for the spinal test and the biopsy, I don't really have much to report. The doctors came in after Dad left tonight and Mom was pretty sedated and I was having a hard time understanding her. She said they told her everything was normal and doing what its supposed to be doing. They did mention that she MAY be able to come home in 10-14 days but it really is a day by day process, just have to wait to see if anything else develops. I'm going to call up to the nurses and see if I can get a little more info from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment