Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day Three

I got a better night's sleep last night, but I think was partly because I went to bed at 1am. Talked to Mom this morning about 10:30, she sounded ok. Dad got up there about 9something...they gave her more blood last night and the platelets. She said we won't have the biopsy reports until Monday afternoon so now it looks like it may be Tuesday before the "real" chemo starts. The girls both talked to her this morning, Jessika had a really hard time, broke down...she would walk through the house this morning and burst out in tears.
So many people have called and emailed to offer their support and help - its so hard to know what is to come, so I don't know what we need...did mention money or gas cards so we can all get up there as often as possible, that seems to be the most immediate need.

Reading my FB page, just burst out in tears...Jessika and Rachel were both in the room with me so we had a giant hug in the middle of the living room. Every time I talk to someone or read and email I'm a mess all over again.(don't stop calling or emailing though, I can deal) Just have to hold it together when I'm with Mom.

Finally talked to Dad about 6:30 I think and got an update on Mom's day. She didn't have a very good day. They were just getting ready to give her another batch of red blood when he left and he thinks they will give her another one tonight or in the morning. She just had the one batch of platelets and that seems to have stopped the nose bleeds she's been having, so thats good. They took a mucus sample, which she said was NOT pleasant, not sure what they are looking for though. She developed a low grade fever and they think her chest cavity is filling with fluid, so they stopped her chemo for the day and put her on antibiotics. The took a chest x-ray to see whats going on for sure, not sure what they found out yet. Sounds like they are worried about her white blood count going back up without the chemo so I hope she can get back on it fast.

Dad is headed back up there in the morning for the day. He has to work Monday and Tuesday. Cale is going up for Monday and I'm headed up on Tuesday...Dad thinks he can go up on Wednesday and then we'll have to take another look at the rest of the week.

One of my x-IRW gals sent me a link to look at - an AML survivor's story. Much of what they said is almost word for word what is happening to Mom...good to know we're not alone, sad to know that so many people have to go through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment