Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 23

The long days and sleepless nights are catching up with me, so I thought I'd better write this now before I fall asleep sitting up. :)
I went up to sit with Mom again today. She had a really good day, food stayed down, we walked, played cribbage, talked. She didn't sleep the whole time I was there but she was pretty tired when I left.
The doctor came in while I was there(a new one, they rotate or something)and he is Eastern European and somewhat hard to understand...but he did a nice job of explaining what they are doing to her, and what the next little while is going to be like...basically they are keeping her body going while it recovers, with blood, antibiotics, fluid, platelets, etc...but he thinks she should be recovered in about 10 days and then we'll talk about going home and what will happen in the next stage of treatment - called consolidation therapy(more chemo)...with a break in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment