Monday, May 24, 2010

not much new news...

I wish I had more of an update today...but really I pretty much know what I did yesterday. She is still fighting the fever and not feeling well. They think they have 3 basic possible scenarios for what kind of infection she has. It could be from what she ate, it could be from a sore she has on her lip or it could be from her port. So they have taken a bunch of blood and are doing cultures on everything so we have to wait for the cultures which can take 24 hours or so. If it is the port, they will need to remove it.
If they are not able to get the fever down and keep it down without meds, they will most likely move her to ICU until they can get her stabilized. She is not aware of this possibility as she is already upset about having to be in the hospital. She is still holding out hope that she could go home tomorrow which just isn't going to happen.
I wasn't able to talk to her this evening, so not sure how it has developed but at 3:45 she didn't know anything more. Hopefully we'll know more in the morning.
I hate the nights because I feel out of the loop and am worried about her being OK overnight. It's a long time to go without contact with her or the hospital and a lot can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment