Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New look

Well, the hair is gone. Mom's got a new look. I went over today and shaved off what little she had left, the pile was less than I have when I get a trim...it was really getting to be more of a nuisance for her, coming off in clumps and getting all over the place. So I took over my clippers and scissors and now its gone. It was tough. But she looks cute in her hats!

I've been slacking in getting any updates done but she got out of the hospital on Sunday morning. She hasn't been feeling well at all this time around, lots of stomach cramping and nausea and tiredness. Today was a little better. I took her over for blood tests this afternoon and she had to get a bag of platelets. Her WBC is down to .2 and her neutrophil # is .1 - so back to no flowers/fruits/vegetables and staying away from people. We had quite a long afternoon over there, the blood bank was being stingy with the platelets, said emergency patients only. So Dr. Lee had to get on the phone and tell them that Mom WAS an emergency and we needed it NOW. Her appt was at 1:30 and we finally got the platelets at 4:40...left the office at a little before 6. Made for a very long afternoon for her, I hope she ate some dinner and then laid down.

Anyway, emotionally she's hanging in there. She's sad that she's missing out on so many of the things the kids are doing. We're not sure if she's going to get to see Jessika's confirmation on Sunday or not. She says she's going to sneak in and watch from the back, but I told her that we need to play it by ear and see how she's feeling that day. My Aunt Sheri and Uncle Mike(dad's brother) are coming from Nebraska on Saturday for a week, so she really wants to be feeling well enough to visit with them. Anyway, she said it seems silly to miss all this stuff, she doesn't really need to, and I said um, yes you DO! We'd rather have her miss one year's worth of stuff than forever, tough to say...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amie,

    Thanks for the updates...whenever you manage to get them posted! I believe all of us would agree with your last statement! Thankfully, there are video cameras...the next best thing to being there in person :) Our love and prayers to all of you!

    ReplyDelete