Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 32

SHE'S COMING HOME!!!!!!!!

I got the call this afternoon after church; they are going to do the biopsy first thing in the morning and then we can get her discharged...so Dad, Kasey and I are headed up early to go get her. She is SO EXCITED and so are WE! We'll have lots of continuing care to do and life will turn upside down again but she'll be AT HOME! WOOHOO!

As for the rest of the day...
I hadn't been to church since before she was diagnosed, knew it would be hard to go but I had some meetings to attend today so it was time to go. I was doing just fine, chatting with everyone, getting hugs, answering questions...and then we went in for the service. I made it through the first song but then it just hit me that she is missing this, this which is so much an important part of her life, so much HER...I just couldn't bear the thought that I was there singing and listening and being a part of it, and she couldn't be...it just isn't fair. Then we got to the prayers and her name was read (along with a HUGE list of others, so many people need our prayers) and Kasey broke down and had to leave...such a kind and tender heart on that boy.

After church the kids sat with our friend Tami who tried to teach the kids how to crochet a hat...COMEDY! but they stayed with it and the hats should be done in a couple of days...such a nice thing for them to get to do. Then I got the call from Mom and we packed up and left...we already had plans for dinner with friends so we headed over there. We left the kids with the guys and Tania, Isla and I went to Mom and Dad's and cleaned the house one more time...wiped down everything with disinfectant and got it ready for her to come home tomorrow. Even got some balloons to hang from the steps...so the house is ready, we're ready, she's ready - its finally time!

No comments:

Post a Comment