Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A little more info...

I went to see Mom this afternoon. Her fever is hovering around 103. She is on oxygen and some very strong antibiotics. She always has trouble with leg cramps when her counts are low, which is due to a lack of potassium. They have her taking a bunch of pills daily but with her going to the hospital in the middle of the night it looks like they got missed today and she is having a lot of pain in her legs. They have those leg stimulator things on her again but I can't really say they help much. I hope they got her on IV potassium after I left tonight.
She wants to go home so bad. Keeps saying she didn't ask for this...trying to tell us she'd be home tomorrow. I think we're all getting tired of seeing the inside of those hospital walls so I can't begin to understand what she thinks when she's in there.
They took a blood culture this morning but we won't have results back until tomorrow afternoon so we don't know what we're fighting for sure yet. Dad said they told him they would do another culture on Thursday to see if the antibiotics are doing their job.
That's about all I know for now...will check on her in the morning again.

No comments:

Post a Comment