Friday, June 18, 2010

Phew, what a month this has been...I started my new job at Allied Waste on the 8th (which is going good, very busy and lots to learn but I'm getting there). We've had 3 birthdays (Rachel turned 12 on the 8th, Kam turned 36 on the 13th and Jessika turned 14 on the 14th), an 8th grade graduation and this week is the first of four weeks of interviews for our church Pastor (I've been on the Call Committee since last September and we're finally to the interview stage). Jessika leaves for Washington DC on Sunday and Kam starts school on Monday...busy, busy, busy! Mom has been doing really well - going to church, coming to the birthday parties and just enjoying being able to go out and about a little.

Mom had another blood test on Monday, her platelets were still on the low side at 78 so Dr. Lee has decided not to do chemo next week. Instead she'll be going in on the 28th. We're headed to the Relay for Life event at West Albany High School tonight to see all the luminaries, hopefully I can get some good pictures.

I pray daily for comfort and healing and strength for everyone who has this horrible journey to take. For our friends Renee and Jon and for the Rupperts who have recently lost their loved ones to cancer, I pray for you to find comfort and joy in life, to remember the good times and not the bad. Love to you all! Amie

No comments:

Post a Comment